Monday, January 23, 2012

Cleaning Your Cricut Mat!

Okay- Why, oh why didn't I think of this sooner???
I was making party hats for my lil one's birthday (in my pajamas, of course), and discovered that my Cricut mat was filthy and had lost it's will to stick! Boo. My local crafting establishment isn't open at 1:00 am (go figure), and I was in a bind!
But, you know what they say....
                                   "Necessity is the mother of invention."
To my surprise, my little technique worked like a charm! And as a bonus, my Cricut mat stayed out of the land fill. A win win win! For you, your pocketbook, and the environment.:)

The Players:

Nasty, Dirty Cricut Mat

Handy dish scrubby thing and dish soap

Wet your mat....

 Give it a good scrub to get all the gunk off

 Let it air dry
That's all there is to it! You can see this mat and I have spent a lot of time together- and it is just as sticky as ever!
Happy crafting!
ElleBee

9 comments:

  1. thank you I will give this a try. tfs. hugs and I am a new follower, would love if you would hop over and follow me also. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried the yellow spray from the dollar tree I think it's grease remover it works great also. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried the yellow spray from the dollar tree I think it's grease remover it works great also. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this little trick! I am tired of having to buy new mats every couple months, I use my Cricut almost daily. I just tried it and it worked great! Again thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip we need all the help we can get

    ReplyDelete
  6. After I scrub with warm soapy water, I coat with a hint layer of ZIG glue. The chisel tip is the easiest. Let it dry completely and it is better than new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome just tried on four mats i got with my 2nd hand cricut personnel. all back to tacky and now paper sticks. awesome thanks again.xx 1st time cricut user

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tip! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for this gold nugget it will save me time and money

    ReplyDelete