Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Kissing Balls

Here's another fun way to decorate for Spring!  I made these kissing balls after I made the Faberge Inspired Easter Eggs, but this time I got lazy smart and used my Cricut to cut out the petals instead of a hand punch.  Yay for working smart, not hard.  :) 
 
This is what I used:
4 inch Styrofoam balls
corsage pins (Michaels has the best corsage pins!  Other ones I found looked and felt cheap.)
cardstock
Walk in the Garden Cricut cartridge 
 I used a daisy setting on the cartridge and cut these out at 3/4 inches.
 I used the same setting for the other two flower balls but changed
the size to 1 inch. 
The bigger the flowers, the fewer pins to use, but I wouldn't go any bigger than 1 inch when using a 4 inch Styrofoam ball. 
I used 1 box (150 pins) on the 3/4 inch petals and about 115 pins for
the 1 inch ones.
There you go!  These are SO easy and a fun way to get excited for Spring!

P.S. This is the last week to enter our giveway! Check it out!
Have fun!
~Cindy Jane








17 comments:

  1. Are these up for grabs too?!?! I love them!!! Really cute and crafty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't up for grabs but let's make some! I'm feeling a craft night coming on. :)

      Delete
  2. Found you through Brassy Apple's link party. This is so cute! I just might have to make some. :) Feel free to check out my blog if you'd like.
    Chrissy
    http://adventuresindiy1759.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!!! Why havent I seen your blog before?!?! It's great!

    I would love for you to follow my craft blog so that we can continue to share ideas!

    Your newest follower,
    Sarah@
    www.dottedlinecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! We're kind of new to the blog world, but loving it! Love your blog too. We're your newest follower too. :)

      Delete
  4. These are beyond beautiful! Great job. I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Fabulous!

    Found you on TT & J and would love for you to come by join us on our linky party and link this up! :)

    http://www.littleinspiration.com/2012/03/create-inspire-party-features_23.html

    Thanks!!!

    Angie from ALI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali! Stopped by your blog- It is a lot of fun!!! :) We linked up!!! Thanks of the invite!:)

      Delete
  6. These are so cute! They're so well done. Stopping by from the Weekend Wrap Up Party - enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Gleeful! And thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those balls look just gorgeous!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! Those flowers are so beautiful thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. The result is so effective! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we can Package provides the your own color mixtures for Diamond Wrap Wedding Bands to click here:http://www.wecanpackage.com/collections/diamond-wrap-ribbon

    ReplyDelete