Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mini-Pin Easter Eggs


I can't decide if this post is to show off these cute eggs or the cutest bunny ever: Herbie.  My parents up and bought three bunnies last month and we are loving them! They are all so sweet and tame, so of course they had to have a photo shoot with my latest Easter creations. I see more modeling opportunities in Herbie's future.  :)

Okay, enough about bunny cuteness.  I have become obsessed with the Faberge Inspired Eggs I made last month.  When I say obsessesed, I don't use that word lightly.  I'm considering buying stock in glitter paper, styrofoam eggs, and corsage pins.  A fun alternative to the large eggs are to make mini ones and put them in apothecary jars or in bowls.
Do you love the Tiffany blue and damask patterns as much as I do? 
So pretty!

Another reason I am so excited about these mini-pin eggs is the killer deal I found at The Dollar Store.  I got this pack of four for $1.  I bought three packages (I didn't want to be greedy) and then went back 10 minutes later and bought the rest in the store (sometimes I'm greedy and have zero self control). 
I cut the flowers out of the Walk in My Garden Cricut cartridge.  I used the "blossom" petal and cut them out at 3/4 inches.  (I used about 70 flowers for each mini egg.) 
Another reason I love these colored eggs is you can match up the egg with the flowers and the styrofoam doesn't show through if you don't get the petals perfect every time.  
When you pin the flowers to the smaller eggs the pins will poke through depending on where you place them. I had to trim the pins down with wire cutters on some of them so they didn't come through the egg. If you do that, hold on tight to the pin and the bit you're trimming or the pin/piece you trim will shoot through the air.  Trust me, that's no fun!
 
Here's a close up of what they look like when they're done.
They look really cute displayed in a basket too.  :) 

Herbie's ego looks like it got a little bruised, but he was compensated with extra lettuce and carrots for his photo shoot.
(No animals were harmed in the making of this craft.)
There's still time to make some mini-eggs and decorate for Easter!  They are so much fun to make and you can display them so many ways to
make the world a cuter place!

Have fun!
~ Cindy Jane


P.S. Don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY!!!! See all the details HERE



1 comment:

  1. Those eggs look fantastic! And I love the real rabbit photoshoot!! :)


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete