Friday, March 16, 2012

Shamrock Banner

You might need to put this cute little project on your "to do" list for next year, but better late than never, right? 
I'm not a huge St. Patty's Day decorator, but this little banner adds a fun touch.

What I used:
shamrock cookie cutter
1/2 yard flannel ~ but you should use felt :)
burlap string
Mod Podge
craft glue
 I got this cookie cutter at Ross for about $4.00.
I traced and cut out about 15 shamrocks.
 I had some sage colored burlap so I took threads off and used them to stitch around each shamrock. 
 I have a confession to make:  I get flannel, felt, and fleece confused!
I thought I was buying felt, but got flannel instead.  Oops!  It was really floppy
so I put Mod Podge on the back to stiffen it up. 
 It worked like a charm! 
(Iron-on interfacing would have also worked.)
 Then I stitched them all together and added some craft glue to the sides of the shamrocks to keep them all together. 
And there you have it!  I used Command hooks to hang the wreath to my mirror.  I don't have a ton of extra wall space so this is my new favorite trick.
Have a fabulous St. Patty's Day
I'll leave you with some Irish wisdom: "As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction."

Have fun!

~ Cindy Jane


2 comments: